SALES CONFERENCE, SALES CONFERENCES, SALES CONFERENCE MELBOURNE, SALES CONFERENCE SYDNEY
Tips on Running a Sales Conference
By Sean Kanan
If you have been given the task of organising a sales conference you need to be well prepared as these types of conferences are only as successful as you make them. So in order to get sales training courses and conferences getting the most from employees here are some tips that could really benefit you in the long run.
- Think about what you want to achieve before you start making a plan. You might be thinking about rolling out new products or ideas at these events, so make sure that you include these. Having a plan that you can work who will make a sales conference goes smoothly.
- Focus on positive aspects of the sales environment. Even if you have had a very poor year you will still need to be positive when you are speaking to your employees. Of course you will need to mention if things need be improved, however you can broach the subject by mentioning sales courses that employees may want to go on to brush up on their sales techniques.
- Don’t be afraid to tackle any issues that might provoke a debate. A lot of people will shy away from these types of issues at a conference but you might be surprised at the outcome if you do. Having a large group of people in one room altogether means that you will have a myriad of different ideas and park on a particular subject. Make use of this and you could come up with a solution to a problem that have been going on sometime.
- Cut down segments into easy to handle chunks. No one wants to sit for hours listening to the same thing over and over again, so make sure that you hold the interest of your audience. By having smaller chunks of information people are more likely to take things on board and work with them. Think of the techniques that are used during good sales programs and you will find a way to do this that will suit you.
- Go through good sales figures for teams and encourage others to be high achievers. You should always conquer actually people for good sales figures at a sales conference as this can help to boost morale. This is a good idea if you plan on running a sales course and you want to get more people on board. Individuals respond well to praise and you will be able to encourage people to go on courses to enhance their sales when they know that they could get an award at the next conference.
- Make sure you give people enough free time if the conference is running for a day. Another key to running a sales conference is that you must give people enough time out if the conference is going on all day. One break in the morning, a break for lunch and a break in the afternoon is fine and adequate for attendees to get a drink or have a comfort break.
For more information on sales conference or to contact us, visit the website at http://www.deakon.com.au